Wednesday, November 5, 2008

NeoLuddites Unite!

A rather inauspicious start for this blog. Just after setting up this project, my computer had a complete nervous breakdown. This was a sight to see, though. Screens popping up, continually crowding each other- it was like Wargames WOPR when it it ran through an infinite number of possible nuclear attacks.
This is the second time I fried my computer this quarter. As a result, my tech guy (Danny, my son) wiped everything and reloaded programs. My wife then unloaded some of the programs that were unfamiliar to her and replaced them with what she uses. Now my computer doesn't have PhotoShop and operates in Korean. My language skills are not that comprehensive so it costs me to find things in order to read messages and post blurbs.
Now, the real reason this occurs to me is because I have an embarassing condition. I must have over twenty wrist watches and not a one of them works. This is a result of an affliction that causes electronic and electrical devices to behave bizarrely. I have had to overcome this curse and it places me in a unique position today. As an art afficionado and partime practitioner, I have learned how to do almost everything by hand. I can't fix my cars today but I can start any Ford made before 1972 with a screwdriver and tune a smallblock V8 with the same screwdriver and a matchbook cover. In my profession I make prints off of rocks and plates of copper. Creating doesn't get any more elemental than that. I thrive on human interaction, not technological innovation. The senses are interconnected and interrelated. Typing with two fingers only stimulates my pre-arthritic joints.
There is no convenient solution for my condition so I will get back to the press and pull a few more proofs before returning to this blog with my scheduled rants on this blog

No comments:

Studio

Studio
This has been my life for the last month and a half.