Monday, November 10, 2008

A Parallel World











There was supposed to be some clever content accompanying these images but as I sat in front of the keyboard, nothing.
The pictures show that I like to organize. Straighten up a few things in the studio...then a few things more...eventually the whole space is more or less in order- more or less. Lump similar objects according to style or function or shape or color-continue this exercise and everything is tidy. This is all just a lie, a desperate attempt to control the process of artistic entropy. A studio is a place of creation, origination, production. Messes are part of the deal. I hate mess. Printmaking compounds this dilemma. Ink is rolled on a slab, transferred to a plate, printed onto a sheet of paper. Its a lose lose lose situation.
I have to clean my rollers now.

1 comment:

mister peach said...

I think that collecting is a subset form of this kind of organizing. By setting out on a path to -choose- one type of thing out of the world to organize, the focus of organization is narrowed to a point where Jay Leno can, for instance, put all his British cars on that side of the garage and all his German ones on that side and then make them face each other every Armistice Day.

Studio

Studio
This has been my life for the last month and a half.